Hola Todos!!
I have only been in the MTC for 4 days now, and it has been quite an adjustment. I decided to have a home MTC with my grandparents here in Las Vegas which so far has been a great decision, besides the fact that I have been having internet problems. Which is a problem because all my classes are on zoom so having me kicked out or the screen freeze isn't the best, but I am figuring it out. The other adjustment is the time difference so instead of getting up at 6am I am getting up at 5am and I am in class till 8pm. I can't complain too much because one of my companions, Hermana Lopez, is living in Orlando, Florida so her time difference is worse. She doesn't get done with class until almost midnight. My other Companion Heramana Olguin is living in Paulden, AZ. My companions are so great they have been really patient with me and they both have such great spirits and I can't wait to be working with them more.
I say that I am drowning because in my District I am one of the only people who haven't grown up with Spanish being my native language. There is one other Elder who hasn't grown up having Spanish be their native language. For those who don't know from 2nd grade until 10th grade I did Spanish immersion. I haven't practiced my Spanish that much since I was 17, and I never learned gospel terms, but they interviewed me before the MTC and put me in advanced Spanish. For most people learning a new language in the MTC, my week 1 is their week 3. So I am already learning how to teach the gospel. All my classes are all completely in Spanish. My teachers Hermana Cook and Hermano Sais are very nice and I really enjoy their classes. My district is very helpful. one Elder in my district has been a huge help to me, Elder Atilano. I have already learned so much.
I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, I know that if I am obedient and really try my best that the gift of tongues will bless me in my studies and in my classes.
in class we have read a lot about blessings if you get a chance to read
Alma 26
2 Nephi 11
3 Nephi 27
3 Nephi 11
While staying here in LV I have been able to see my cousins. I also have had the opportunity to start giving my cousin temple prep classes because she is engaged and is going through the temple soon.
well I love you all! hope you are all staying safe and healthy, remember that god loves you and talk to you all next week!
Hermana Brunner
Enjoy some pictures. That is me on my first day of MTC. Picture of my cousins and I. And a picture of Abbie Peterson and I during the workshop, which by the way has over 270 people on the zoom call so when I saw her on the screen I had to take a picture to prove we went to MTC together. (Abbie and I went to high school together)
| Cousins that Livvy gets to see. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.