Week 4 and 5: Feb 8-Feb 22

 2/08/ - 2/14

This week I have so much to say. mostly all about Monday. Monday was very special because one of my companions was called to serve Provo Utah, Hermana Olgiun is from AZ so her family drove her down a day early and so I got to meet her in person! such a blessing, her family bought me breakfast. They were so kind! We called our other companion Hermana Lopez. We can't wait for the day we can all meet in person.  

Also Monday was the first day of my Visitor Training. It is all in english and all sisters a total of 8 sisters they are all going to Visitor centers! Either Hawaii, or LA cali or the Oakland temple. so its been pretty. This is where I wanna share a really awesome experience.  

June 2020 I was going through a hard time, because of this my stake president told me June 21, that I had to wait, that my mission would be delayed. I was devastated.  Later that day I got a blessing from one of my friends in my singles ward. That blessing was very powerful one of the things it said in the blessing was not to ignore any future or past revelations about going on a mission. I was very unsure about a mission. A week later I was working (I was working at the hospital in the Instacare as a medical assistant) I had a patient that was the same age as me, we both went to Weber State, she told me that she also was wanting to serve a mission but that it was being put on hold because of health issues, she testified to me that she knows that God has a plan for her and she knows everything will work out, that it is all in Gods timing. She had such a positive attitude and it was something I really needed to hear, she increased my testimony. She was such a tender mercy, it was a revelation not to ignore. I never saw her again. During MTC the last few weeks we would have devotionals with over 200 people on the zoom, there was one sister that looked super familiar but I couldn't figure out how I knew her.  Then Monday my first VC training class I saw the same sister, it was then it clicked in my head that she was my patient back in June! when I realized this I immediately asked the sister if she remembered me, and she did! she asked if I was the MA from the hospital. I started crying! (which is kind of embarrassing because I didn't even tell these sisters my name yet and I am already crying in front of them, and even more funny the day before I told my new companion sister Shirley that I haven't cried yet during the MTC... now she probably thinks I lied haha) God is real! What are the odds this sister started the MTC same time as me and is also going to Cali to be a VC sister?? She will be at the Oakland Visitor Center. 

2/15 - 2/21
My first week in Cali has been amazing!!! I have two companions which is awesome my trainer Hermana Pierla and my other comp Hermana Keller. Hermana Pierla is from Venezuela. And Hermana Keller is from Texas. I love them both. They make me laugh so so much. Hermana pirela is learning english but she is already really good. We try to only speak spanish. Hmna Pierla is the cutest she is so little but she holds my hand and is constantly hugging and kissing me!!  she loves to cook! She has made me arrepas and much more. She says that if we were all barbies Hermana Keller would be the barbie in a  pink car. And I would be the bent over broken barbie hahah she says that I am super funny. We ready have so many inside joke. Mostly because of and my personality. 

So If you don't already know I am a Visitor Center Sister for the LA temple. I am at the visitor center Tues, Thurs, and Friday. My whole mission I will have two areas at the same time. My mission president and the VC Director told me it is going to be a very hard busy, having to work twice as hard. Especially with learning Spanish. I have already given one tour. And many many lessons. I have so so much to learn. With having to memorize all the doctrine in the VC and the history and all the lessons in PMG. I wake up earlier than my comps for extra time to study. (Which I know Grandpa Brunner would be proud) anyways on Sunday we fasted all day to be able to find more friends  and literally Sunday we found 3 knew friends!! One of my first lessons I taught a friend (aka investigator) about prayer and when he prayed I could tell he was touched by the spirit it was so powerful. Already a cry baby hahah. 

Also guess who I saw??? Celestine!!! She is a trainer so she was there when I got my trainer. I couldn't hug her because of the quarantine. But I started crying. Celestine has been my best friend since I can remember and she really inspired me to serve a mission. Before the mission she joked that I would be called to LA and that she would be my trainer. So just seeing her was a blessing. 

Hope you all are staying safe and healthy!! Love you all!! 
Photos:

saying goodbye to friends
Andi and charlie
Krissa and I the day before I left 
VC training sisters
My MTC comp! Hermana Olguin + hermana lopez 
Krissa 
My VC comp during training sister Shirly we got to fly together!
First time at the LA temple with my cute comps!! 

More photos!!
1. Celestine 
2. Me lol
3. I lived on a street in Ogden ut called van Buren so seeing that sign was pretty cool
4. Me crying the first time I saw celestine 
5. First time meeting hermana Keller and hermana Pierla 
6. All of us!! Hermana cornielson, Keller, Cluff, Pierla, and me 




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.